For a majority of people, the wearing of the mask may spread the virus faster because they don’t know how to effectively use the hand gloves and nose mask.It is good to protect yourself with nose mask and hand gloves but you need to do it right way.
“There are limits to how a mask can protect you from being infected and we’ve said the most important thing everyone can do is wash your hands, keep your hands away from your face, observe very precise hygiene,” WHO’s emergencies director Mike Ryan.
WHO’s recommendation is not for everyone to wear nose mask and hand gloves but to practice personal hygiene. Wearing the mask and hand gloves alone is not enough. If you can’t stop touching your face, wearing the gloves will not prevent you from touching your face.Have you tought about that?
WHEN TO WEAR NOSE MASK AND HAND GLOVES.
- For a healthy person wear nose mask and hand gloves only when you are taking care of a person with suspected covid-19 case.Dispose off immediately
- Wear mask when you are coughing or sneezing to avoid the spread of any form of infection. Dispose off imediately
- The nose mask works when it goes with frequent hand wash with soap under running water or with alcohol based sanitizer. Nose mask is a precautionary measure but when no one is coughing around you, there is no need to wear one. When you sit in a trotro and someone cough’s or sneeze’s, cover your mouth with a tissue and dispose off immediately. I saw a post that said the nose mask contains chemicals and if you should inhale the chemicals you will be prone to infection. This is false.
- Hand gloves should be disposed off immediately after using. Wearing one hand gloves everywhere, means risking other people’s lives. If you should come in contact with the virus and you don’t take the gloves off the probability of transmitting it to the next person that may come in contact with your gloves is very high. Just think about it.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU PUT ON A NOSE MASK
- Before you put on your nose mask, clean your hands with alcohol based hand rub or wash your hands with soap under running water.
- Avoid touching the mask when using it; if you want to touch make sure your hands are clean by using alcohol based hand rubs or washing your hands with soap under running water.
- Don’t re-use a single mask.Dispose off and replace immediately.
- Remove the mask from behind don’t touch the front of the mask. Discard immediately and clean your hands with alcohol based sanitizer or wash your hands with soap under running water.
- Protect your eyes, the virus can fall on your eyes too, preferably wear goggles.
Protect youself against covid-19, learn to do it the right.
Informing to change!!
Dr Paul Amoah